Myth: Gas is the best way to cook
Truth: NOT if you like fresh air! Cooking with propane or natural gas is like having a campfire in your kitchen. Not as much smoke but lots of indoor pollution e.g., carbon monoxide and NOx gases. Carbon monoxide is now considered a cause of early dementia and asthma.
Burning gas also elevates humidity in your home that can lead to condensation and mold. Modern flat top electric stoves work just as well (many say better) and electricity can come from renewable sources such a solar photovoltaic.
P.S. For “gasaholic” cooks who insist, a stove-dedicated fan vented to the outside is a must!